“I have loved this course, and thank you for putting it out there!Please let me know if you need any more information from me, or would prefer any of this in a different format.And to be perfectly clear, once this course work has been evaluated and turned in to the University, one transcript will reflect both courses I have taken?Thank you so much.”
- 3 Credits -
3 Semester Credits
PD credits for re-certification and
This course will examine the negative and self-defeating thinking patterns that prevent students from reaching their highest levels of academic success, happiness and mental health. The power of limiting beliefs that restricts people from learning new skills and acquiring knowledge is explained with the 18 most common excuses used. Strategies to overcome excuses from the creative conscious mind and habitual sub-conscious mind are presented. Educators will develop assignment activities that apply the course content into classroom instruction in order to eliminate learning excuses and for empowering students to excel in their academic endeavors and school activities.
3 Semester Graduate Credits
Item excusesbegone not found.Item ma-excusesbegone not found.Item excusesbegone2 not found.Item ma-excusesbegone2 not found.
Eliminating Student Excuses
- 3 Graduate Credits -
- Educators will develop an understanding of how the mind is programmed to believe and behave in certain negative or positive patterns that are socially conditioned.
- Participants will analyze the social and psychological beliefs of the 18 most commonly utilized excuses for not exploring or experiencing new ideas, goals or endeavors.
- Educators will learn about the seven excuses be-gone principals for reprogramming thoughts in order to change limiting, preconditioned beliefs and self-defeating behaviors.
- Participants will examine the paradigm shifts needed for a new way of thinking and shedding subconscious habits and acquire strategies to develop a new way of being.
- Educators will write an application essay and develop a lesson or project activity that applies the course content to classroom instruction and school learning environments.
3 Semester Credits (post-baccalaureate professional development credit)
Joseph C’de Baca MaEd.
University Transcript: Click Here For Details
Eliminating Student Excuses
What Others Are Saying About This Course
“I had the pleasure of ordering a course from you last year. It was a wonderful book study on Wayne Dyer’s “Excuses Be Gone” book. I’m a high school math teacher who teaches both upper level honors kids as well as low level freshman, and I noticed that across the board, my students can be excellent excuse makers!“
“It worked! I got all the info and re-ordered a transcript and got an email that it was mailed out today to the DPI here in Wisconsin and one to myself as well. Thanks so much for clearing it up for me. I really did enjoy the classes and the books. My niece, who is a sophmore in high school took my Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens book and is sharing it with her friends as well. Thanks for the class offerings!! I will be sure to recommend it to my friends as well.“
“I would like to personally thank the individual or group who decided to offer courses that were very ideally fitting for educators. I am more excited about these courses than any professional development I have taken in over ten years. Thank you for thinking outside the box and offering courses that sound so fascinating and meaningful.”